136 North Broadway
Schenectady, NY 12305
P.O. Box 1417
Schenectady, NY 12301-1417
Office (518) 372-8425
Fax: (518) 346-0506
Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:30 pm (Bike Rescue Group only)
Exhibits are currently CLOSED for renovation.
Groups are welcome at other times by appointment, made at least one week in advance.
There is no admission charge, but donations are welcome. Nearby city parking lots offer free parking weekdays after 3PM and all day Saturday.
Note: As with all email systems some emails may be filtered out especially if you email an attachment. This is result of handling a lot of spam. If you do not get a response within 2 weeks please call us and follow up, thanks. We have a limited number of volunteers to answer mail. For more urgent requests call us and leave a message in addition to a email.
How to Help:
Become a Volunteer - There are many ways to help out, see our blog for updates on volunteer opportunities.
Donate - we need support to help keep our facility and programs running, you can make a one time donation or purchase DVD's from our Oral History program.
What resources does ETC have for my students?
A: The Edison Tech Center has DVDs, free videos online on specific engineering/science subjects, on-site facilities, and it has over 200 web pages on various technologies. See our resources tab above to see a listing of web material.
By Foot from State Street:
Starting at Proctors Theater cross the street, take a left. At the next intersection take a right on Broadway, you will see the Edison Tech Center sign 150 feet down the street on your left. Enter at the door on the left, it is a one-story building.
Directions by car:
Get off I-890 at Erie Blvd.
- Take Erie Blvd. away from General Electric (heading NE)
- cross State Street (Schenectady's center street) you are going northeast by compass
- 200 feet past State Street you will see a small Amtrak Station on your right, and a Burger King on your left
- take a right under the railroad tracks
- Go 150 feet to the next light, take a right on Broadway (It is a one way street)
- The Edison Tech Center will be on your right. The building has a black and white Edison sign posted on it.
- Park on your right at the public parking lot before the Edison Tech Center Building.
The Edison Tech Center occupies a historic building and is only one minute's walk from downtown restaurants.